Saturday, January 28, 2012

Black and white cat in color

I couldn't leave out the cat!  Took many "artistic" liberties with his markings but he is a black and white cat.  We call the dog and cat our bookends - they are almost the same size as well (small dog and big cat!).  More drawing and doodling.  I am feeling that I need to continue to do this - like loosening up for my local drawing class I am taking in February.  I have the new "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" by Betty Edwards - but haven't been disciplined enough to really do any of the exercises.  We will be using her principles during the class.  I'm taking the class with a local artist - Pam Hagan - have taken a 1 day class with her before.  I found her very nice and encouraging as well as a wonderful artist.  So - I'm looking forward to this new class.  I'm not a natural but the Edwards book works on the idea that we can all draw - and I must say I have read parts of it and her ideas resonate with me.  In the meantime, I will try to stay "in shape" by drawing daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment