Friday, June 28, 2013

Another week - a bit of art


 I found a picture of an exotic and beautiful model in one of my daughter's magazines.  She was obviously of very mixed ethnicity and I loved her facial structure.  Well - this was my third attempt.  It was a difficult angle and
I didn't want her very abundant dark hair in the drawing-not as successful as I would have liked.  I think I will try her again - she has such an interesting and changeable face - she looked very different at every angle.  I used pen, Copic markers, Pan Pastels. I am linking to Artist's Play Room (here), Summer of Color (here) and Paint Party Friday (here).

The pencil sketch is of my grandson's karate instructor.  The man I was sitting next to asked my why I didn't draw the instructor instead of the doodle I was doing - at first I thought I can't do that.  He's too far away, he's moving around and I'm not very good at those quickie sketches.  However, this sketch really pleased me - I definitely captured him - even if it's not a very "active" and alive sketch.  I'll have to work on that.  I really enjoyed doing the sketch quickly - took a lot of the pressure off.

Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment if you have time.  Have a blessed and art filled weekend.

12 comments:

  1. I don't think my last comment went through. I love your karate man, it came out great and your model is stunning. She is beautiful.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work, both pieces are lovely! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your model is wonderful. How great that you took a chance and drew the Karate instructor. He looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gina, the exotic lady is beautifully painted. Please check out your entry link. I had to resort to going back one week to find your post for this week. Your link goes to the enlargement and there is no way to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the stark feel of your model's portrait, and the karate instructor sketch came out great too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the stark feel of your model, and your karate instructor's portrait came out great too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lady does have a very beautiful bone structure! And well done on the karate man - drawing from life is a challenge for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work on the model, and good that you tried sketching the instructor. It came out really well ....

    ReplyDelete
  9. So funny how we assume we "can't do it" before we even try...when really you CAN do it! Great job! Happy Paint Party Friday, I'm so late. ;) Thanks for sharing your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the minimal look of your model in this interpretation, and great sketch of the karate instructor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful! I love your lady so much!

    ReplyDelete