Friday, June 13, 2014

Inspired by Queen Esther study!

This elephant knows it is good to be queen.  Queen Esther may not have been so sure about that but God certainly was.  I am doing a wonderful Beth Moore study of the book of Esther and I was painting and collaging this whimsical elephant - and I was inspired.  Even though I had trouble getting the colors right (she is more of an aqua color, her crown is more of a hot pink, and the wall behind her is an ochre yellow with orange and pink tones) - well I do sometime have trouble getting that right. Her ears are old maps painted with very fluid yellow acrylic paint.

I feel that my inner Matisse came out once again in the background - kind of a faded wallpaper (hard to see the design here) look on the wall.  Of course, she must be in one of her castle chambers - she is a queen after all!

I am linking to Paint Party Friday (here) and Summer of Color 2014 (here). Please go and see all the wonderful original art work in both sites.  Paint Party Friday is an all year gallery and Summer of Color is a 6 week challenge every June.  Don't just go and ogle the art - join in.  They both help keep me on track painting and blogging!

Thanks so much for visiting - leave a comment if you have time.  Have a blessed and creative weekend.

25 comments:

  1. such a fun piece
    i love the front on view

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your whimsical elephant! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your queen elephant Gina. Just awesome. The eyes are searching. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She definitely looks like royalty in that gorgeous crown. A couples group in my Church did Beth Moore's "The Patriarchs" Bible study a couple of years ago, and I found it fascinating. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely wonderful! I just love your adorable elephant!!! You used the SOC colors with such creativity!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so lovely.. I love this so much! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely elephant, and a slim one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blue elephant with the yellow ears. The crown is so cute ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a lovely elephant, she looks so happy with her crown (I think she is she).

    ReplyDelete
  10. That background is beautiful, so soft with beautiful colors, and the elephant is Royal!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent!!! I love this post and the art.
    Happy weekend
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  12. what an adorable elephant :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is wonderful! As soon as I saw this beautiful elephant a huge smile lit up my face ! :) I love the whimsical style and your choice of colors. Yes it does gave a hint of matisse. And that is a v good thing !

    ReplyDelete
  14. A blue and very high for a fairy elephant illusion. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  15. Queen Esther is so adorable! Cute. Happy PPF Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aahhhh, I love it! Elephants rock any way they come, but a Queen Elephant is the absolute best:-) I do love that Esther study - did it a couple of years ago. Have you seen the movie One Night with the King? Excellent compliment to the study, I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super sweet! Love the crown! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh this is festive and fun and so fitting for Queen Esther. Have you read the books of Charles Swindoll where he profiles each Bible character. King David is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi again! I just wanted to say congratulations on your win for week 1! Please email me your address to kdvanvalkenburgh@msn.com and I will get your new supplies right out. Thank you, xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lucky Lady :) Congrats and enjoy Your new fun goodies.

    ReplyDelete