Wednesday, September 2, 2015

A visit from an admirer

Who doesn't like to have someone admire their art? Patience Brewster had noticed my art online. Patience is an artist who creates lovely whimsical ornaments. You can visit her website to view her ornaments. August was Artist Appreciation Month and Patience asked the question "which artist or artists most inspire you in  creating your art?"

I have only been painting for about 4 1/2 years. I've learned a lot during that time through classes (both live and online) and connecting with other artists. The list of those who inspire me is long, but I've managed to narrow it down to the top 4. Two are living artists - Robert Burridge and Carol Nelson. They both create abstract mixed media work, but have completely different styles. Two non-living artists who inspire me are Vincent Van Gogh and Henri Matisse. I love their use of color and texture. I love Matisse's bold use of color and form.

Just so I can include a photo-(doesn't seem complete without one) I've been playing with different photo editors on my IPad.  I created a very simple collage with one and here it is


What photo editing software do you use on your Apple device?  Thanks for stopping by.






1 comment: