This is a painting of a flower in a bouquet I gave a friend. The photo is very striking - the painting less so. However, I stretched myself by using watercolors (twinks) and many other things. I have a lot of trouble (especially with watercolor) showing light - I know that's because I am used to painting in first and adding light later instead of leaving white space. I also used some Silk acrylics and some cadmium yellow to recapture some of the light in the flower. This was probably a difficult piece to paint and normally I would have given up. I didn't - don't love it (ore even like it a lot) but I haven't painted much lately and it seemed about time. I also used a new product to outline the petals - Dervan liquid pencil. Got that on my trip to the new Savannah Dick Blick. I like how smoothly it paints on and how it can be smudged a bit like charcoal. Definitely need to do a little research on how to use - but all in all I liked painting with it. Added one more shot at this flower done with Copic markers. It's late at night and I'm not sure I am happy wit this one either. Maybe it will all look better in the morning. I am linking this up with http://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/ - a bold move on my part since I am not thrilled with the results. I welcome all your comments and any consolation you might have - LOL. Thanks for stopping by.