Tuesday, April 30, 2013

When fish laugh

I had no studio time at all last week and it made me sad!  Today is the first time I got to paint and I had already done the background and sketched a fish and torn out some lovely Somerset Studio pages to do a collage of this guy.  I spent most of the morning in the studio and here he is.  Took a couple of changes till I was happy - now this little 4x4" canvas makes me smile.  And then I thought - he's blowing bubbles because he's laughing.  I have to admit that the pages were of some of Lynn Perrella's artwork in Somerset -from the fall issue about Edgar Allen Poe.  She is one of my favorite artists and I especially love the colors she uses - and that became my palette.  If you have time to leave a comment - I love to hear from you.  Have a blessed and art filled day.

1 comment: