Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Joy Comes in the Morning

I have a bunch of pastel boards I've never used.  They are not just for pastels - acrylic paints works on the surface as well.  So I played with some paints and created a background.  A photo of figure skaters inspired this dancer with her twirling ribbon.  A little different for me.  I applied mica powders over the paint to give it some shimmer and used vintage dictionary pages for her hair and skirt.  I decided to like her - even though I thought there were things I could change (I am deciding to find what I like in my work and not criticize, which just kills creativity).  It really is a decision because I am far from sure of myself.

I thought of the verse from Psalm 30:5 which says "weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning".  I like people who are filled with joy - they bring light to this often dark world.

Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day.

1 comment: