I have had a number of dried gourds from fall decorations for a few years. My idea was to make birds of them. So after 4 years I finally made one. I am usually terrible at steampunk stuff - but I found a tool case of my father-in-law (bottom left) and pulled out a bunch of interesting rusted washers, screws and even a tiny old rusted spring (on the bird's head). He will be sitting on the old spindle (after I paint it) and I will sccure it to something else so it doesn't topple over and he's going to live on my covered porch - hopefully I will be able to create some buddies for him soon.
The painting will be mounted on a wood board and in the local gallery where my other work is.
So - a mildly productive week - I just got Pam Carriker's new book - Mixed Media Portraits (wonderful book) and hope to start sketching faces again soon. Haven't done much of that this year.
I'm linking to Paint Party Friday hosted by Eva and Kristin every week - thanks to both of you. I'm so glad you came to visit and hope you have a blessed and artsy weekend!