Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Art is Fun!

So - I am taking a wonderful online course with artist Paulette Insall - called Divine Romance - Now you might look at this piece and say - you are kidding!  Is this an improvement over what you've done in the past?  Well - this was an exercise designed to loosen my art muscles.  I have done 2 of them and they are as much fun as finger painting in kindergarten!  (I absolutely loved finger painting and still use my fingers to paint).  We were challenged to use "big" paper - this was 14" x 17" I think - biggest that fit into my "small" budget!!  We were challenged to only use black and white - but I threw in a little magenta pink as well.   This is a party piece - it's got bubbles (circles) all over the place.  I didn't think about what I was doing - I just did.  Not meant for display in a gallery - just a reminder to let God take over and have fun creating.  My other pieces are fun as well - but with this exercise I didn't even think about who would like it or if I had any talent at all.  I just did it.  God tells us to come to him as a little child - this exercise helped me to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment