Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Christmas Creations!

Even though I hate the Christmas hype - I love making gifts for friends to celebrate the birth of Jesus.  I saw these wonderful primitive circles in Cloth Paper Scissors Gifts (Fabric Forest - artist Cynthia Ann Dubbers).  She made wonderful fabric topiaries from styrofoam cones.  Although I loved her colorful trees - my fabric scrap collection was pretty much given away when I made our big move to the Low Country this past spring.  So I got several shades of muslin and did make at least one tree.  But then my impatience got the best of me - I used some wonderful scrapbook paper stash I had and paint, ink, gold leaf and other stuff to create a background for my 10 flower tree.  The styrofoam trees are wonderful - but I can make  a lot more of these. Love the way this turned out.  I will be giving gifts to many on my list - friends, my grandson's teacher (what a lovely lady - we are blessed to be in her class for 1st grade).  The flowers are just free form cut circles - I think 5 or six with a 1/4" difference in size.  I am using buttons I have had around for quite a while - and white thread.  I will probably use some variations in colors and buttons - but will keep the basic "style".  I love making textured and colorful backgrounds - again the finger painter lurking inside this big person!   

No comments:

Post a Comment