Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Wrong Hand Rhonda

This is my entry for the "make something with your non-dominant hand" challenge by NatashaMay over at the Butterfly Effect - you can check it out at http://whisper-to-whirlwind.blogspot.com/2012/08/make-stuff-with-your-non-dominant-hand.html

I was very surprised - it was fun to do.  I even colored her with my non-dominant hand.  It's pretty freeing - there is no way this could be "perfect".  I feel like she looks some days - colored a bit outside the lines with some jagged edges.  She's trying to keep that lopsided smile on her fact - but it's tough!  Sorry for so many posts in one day - just had a lot to share.  Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. Yes, it's really fun and a fantastic way to loosen up. You did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks - I will use this technique to loosen up more

      Delete
  2. She is great. I always think portraits done with your non-dominant hand have some character in their faces, and I don't even attempt to do a correct portrait. I cheated though and coloured with my dominant hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - she does have more character than more "perfect" faces - maybe that's because none of us have perfect faces (even if we are "perfectly" lovely lol) Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  3. I think she is wonderful! ...and I totally agree about the "freeing" effect of using your non dominant hand. I had great fun :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - like your name by the way!!! I actually like her as well - especially because she was a stress free creation - will definitely do more this way

      Delete
  4. Dearest Gina, I believe that is one of the most wonderful feelings--to just be without worrying about what others are expecting. You described it perfectly and your art showed it, too ;-)

    Thanks for sharing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magaly - Thanks for your lovely comment - I so appreciate hearing from you.

      Delete