Friday, September 11, 2015

Big Moon Over Downtown

I finally finished this piece. It's based on a photo of downtown Beaufort, SC which is where I live. It's a real mixed media piece including paint, collage, ink, and charcoal on canvas. I worked quite a while till I was pleased with how it looked. I haven't been in the studio as much as I wanted to be so I was glad to complete this painting.

I am linking to Paint Party Friday which I hope you will also visit. Eva and Kristin have been faithfully hosting this wonderful gallery of art for 5 years. Thanks for visiting. Have a blessed and artsy weekend.

11 comments:

  1. Love this, the sky is so wonderful. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully colorful painting-and I too love that sky! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Gina... I am so impressed with how your style has emerged over the last few years! This is a very marketable canvas! Love it!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving the look of this one... The colours, the movement... It is really fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the texture, especially in the sky. Great depth and detail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your painting and your title are perfect...looks like a lovely place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nicely done. Great perspective, and such a colorful street. Someplace I would like to visit.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a wonderful piece, the colors, light and details draw me in, to look and look.

    ReplyDelete