Friday, October 2, 2015

New paintings on reclaimed wood

 Having a lot trouble moving pictures around with my iPad. Eventually I'll get it. The 4 pictures on the left are mixed media on reclaimed wood. They are for an silent auction we are having at my church in 2 weeks. The paintings are about 2 feet long by 5" wide. Our logo is a sailboat and that's why I painted the top painting. Underneath it is a detail picture. The angel and her detail are below.  It's been a bit crazy here and next week I leave on Wednesday for a 5day art class in Saluda, NC with Gillian Lee Smith. She's coming all the way from Scotland and I am really excited. Needless to say I wanted to finish these paintings before I leave. I am linking to Paint Party Friday. Eva and Kristin have been faithfully maintaining this site for over 5 years now. Go visit and see all the wonderful artwork. Thanks so much for visiting. I've been a very erratic blogger recently and I so appreciate your visit. Have a blessed and creative weekend.








12 comments:

  1. Lovely work. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shape and size of these paintings. Very special....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you paint on reclamiend wood:-) Love the composition of these! Enjoy your class next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely art. Like the reclaimed wood.
    Happy weekend
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always wanted to try working on reclaimed wood. Your pieces are wonderful, the size and shape are perfect for your subjects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great paintings on the wood! Your art workshop coming up next week sounds fun. I hope everything goes well. Try to stay dry. I hear that SC is flooding big time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful pieces Gina!!! Really cool!! Have an amazing time taking art clasees in NC...can't wait to hear about your adventure!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pieces and good luck with the silent art auction. Have a great at the art class.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and for the lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, so I apologize for being a little late to get around to paint Party Friday comments this week, but I love your paintings on wood. I love the shape of each piece, being long and thin, and I especially love that flapper lady! Hope the auction goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great ones, really love the sizes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. RUSTIQUES
    Whether your current project is new construction or a remodeled space, items from Rustiques can give you that one-of-a-kind architectural feel. Rustiques is going through the meticulous process of carefully dismantling each treasured piece of the West Point Stevens Mill. Construction of the original section of the mill was supported by 25? pine beams have a 3? x 6? sub-flooring and face nailed maple hardwood floors. The materials are milled from support beams measuring 10?x 18 1/2?x 25? and sub-flooring beams. We are reclaiming the beams, flooring and other miscellaneous antique items which are all offered for sale to the public. Reclaimed wood can be delivered to Atlanta, GA, Charleston, SC and all major cities in between.

    300 South Main Street
    Calhoun Falls, SC 29628
    Rustiquesonline@gmail.com
    Office: 864-418-0292

    ReplyDelete