Wednesday, June 6, 2012

2nd Floor Challenge

After reading Julie Fey-Fan Balzer's blog on her 2nd Floor Challenge project - I realized I had lots of "found" objects of my own at home.  This isn't finished (should have taken pics as I was going along - too lazy to go down and get my camera!) and besides some writing I'm not sure what I'm going to add.  I visited NY recently to see my mom and stayed with some good friends.  My friend runs a lady's tea each spring at church and I was there for at least part of it.  I took home the unused napkin and some mylar hearts.  I decided to make something for her and use those items.  It's hard to see the napkin designs - but IRL they are a little more visible.  I also used some of the hearts and realized they would crinkle when I was drying the Dylusion spray ink.  I used Tim Holtz (Sizzix) Tattered flower and Gear dies and layered them on the gessoed watercolor paper.  Painted again with gesso and after it dried sprayed the Dylusions (Bubblegum pink; london blue; leaf green).  Spritzed with water and dried with a heat gun.  Then patted the whole thing with watered down gesso.  Added some tattered flowers from an old atlas (another found item) and a pearl.  Happy with it so far - although it was pretty ugly early on.  We'll see where it goes from here!  Let me know what you think - I've wanted to do this challenge each month and something else was always going on!  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment